During the summer, pilot teachers will:
During the school-year, pilot teachers will:
- Collect signed consent forms from your students and their families.
- Teach the introductory Motion Energy unit (5 sessions) by Dec. 8, 2017 and teach the Thermal Energy (3 sessions) and Electrical Energy (4 sessions) units by March 2, 2018.
- Use a pre- and post-test to gather student assessment data.
- Collect and forward samples of student work.
- Attend three Saturday morning “reunions” on December 9, 2017, January 27, 2018 and March 3, 2108.*
* These dates are different from the dates on the original information emailed to you.
A project staff member may observe and, with permission, record and photograph classroom sessions.
Honorarium: You will receive $1,450 for participating as a Focus on Energy Pilot Teacher. You will also receive a kit with all of the materials you need to implement Focus on Energy activities in your classroom.
Download the Pilot Teacher Participation Information Sheet